Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
George Zimmerman Arrested, Charged With 2nd Degree Murder
If you ask me, it's about time - way past time, actually. It sounds like Florida's 'stand your ground' law won't save him. No doubt he'll plea to a lesser charge, but as long as the justice system does its job, I'll be happy.

Quote:http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/natio...9237.story

George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, faces a second-degree murder charge for shooting Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager in Sanford, Fla., the special prosecutor in the case announced Wednesday.

In a televised news conference, State Atty. Angela B. Corey outlined the charges in the case that has sparked national demonstrations calling for Zimmerman’s arrest.

“I can tell you we did not come to this decision lightly,” Corey told reporters. “We do not prosecute by public pressure.”

She said her office had filed information with the charge.

Zimmerman, who has maintained he acted in self-defense, was in custody, Corey confirmed, though she gave no details. He had been in hiding since the shooting after his family said he had received death threats.

Messages In This Thread
George Zimmerman Arrested, Charged With 2nd Degree Murder - by JosefK - 04-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin are both guilty Cronus 1 4,239 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Last Post: bobgnote