Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl Banned From Prom for Confederate Flag Dress
I found this extremely funny, but I do agree with what they are saying. Although the confederate flag is used by many racists, it is not necessarily a hate flag. In my opinion, it should be banned at schools because of all the hate groups using it.

She was really pushing it though, they told her not to wear it, but she ignored them.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
Its a battle flag. In the 80's the Japanese battle flag with the sun rays was all the rage. So Japanese battle flag is cool and an American battle flag is not? Banning things is WRONG. What's next: Banning Rosary beads because some homosexual is offended by Catholic teaching? How about banning Muslim head garb because of the hate that Wahhabis have?
Question is imho is intent.
(07-03-2012, 05:29 AM)CatholicCrusader Wrote: Its a battle flag. In the 80's the Japanese battle flag with the sun rays was all the rage. So Japanese battle flag is cool and an American battle flag is not? Banning things is WRONG. What's next: Banning Rosary beads because some homosexual is offended by Catholic teaching? How about banning Muslim head garb because of the hate that Wahhabis have?

Muslim women are not allowed to wear the Hijab in schools or in the workplace, in France. Why? They believe that everyone in schools should be equal, so that there is no hate due to different cultures.

I'm not talking about covering the whole face, btw. Just putting a scarf on your head is disallowed. What's next? Forcing Jewish and Muslim kids to eat pork at schools?

Example:
http://www.librairie-islamique.com/image...080227.jpg

Offtopic: Spoilers really need to be added. Undecided
(07-03-2012, 01:52 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Question is imho is intent.

Okay. But even then, banning everyone from doing something because of the ill-intent of one person is still wrong.

(07-03-2012, 08:14 PM)Cronus Wrote: Muslim women are not allowed to wear the Hijab in schools or in the workplace, in France. Why? They believe that everyone in schools should be equal, so that there is no hate due to different cultures.

I'm not talking about covering the whole face, btw. Just putting a scarf on your head is disallowed. What's next? Forcing Jewish and Muslim kids to eat pork at schools?

Example:
http://www.librairie-islamique.com/image...080227.jpg

Well, I live in America, not France. I don't care what they do in France; I care what we do in America. And in America, banning stuff like this is un-American.
Yes, but you need to remember that people get offended when you publicly demonstrate that flag. It's like the swastika, many believe it demonstrates hate, but the swastika is an ancient Hindu decorative symbol.

If I were to make my avatar a swastika, many would be upset.