Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child Marriage
I base my arguments on the Islamic religion. In the Holy Qu'ran, It states that a girl can only marry after she has hit puberty (Meaning after she has obtained her period). Now it's a bit more complicated, I believe It should be allowed, but I am against it. I believe a girl should obtain an education first, then she can marry when she is older.

In the past, girls married after puberty, and they were alright. I myself think it's disgusting, but these are different times.

(04-08-2012, 05:27 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I believe sexual acts which involves anyone under 16 is wrong, especially if their partner is older. I'd say 14 year old's are fine to have relationships with each other, not too much older (14-16), as their bodies mainly start to develop then, but I still believe there should be no sexual acts between them. One of my old-old friends had a relationship with a 13 year old (he was 17 at the time) and I told him straight to his face "Do not ever have sex with her, that's just f*cked up" and he promised me he wouldn't. Then I saw him again a few weeks later and he told me he took her virginity, I got pissed off and wanted to report him, I don't agree with that at all. He told me she asked him, but that's no excuse.

Well, considering that he was a minor himself, I doubt anything would've happened if you reported him.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
Not sure where you live Cronus, but here in the UK, the legal age to have sex is 16, so yes, if I reported him he would've got done for statutory rape.
(04-12-2012, 04:30 PM)Cronus Wrote: I base my arguments on the Islamic religion. In the Holy Qu'ran, It states that a girl can only marry after she has hit puberty (Meaning after she has obtained her period). Now it's a bit more complicated, I believe It should be allowed, but I am against it. I believe a girl should obtain an education first, then she can marry when she is older.

In the past, girls married after puberty, and they were alright. I myself think it's disgusting, but these are different times.

Islam has many flaws, just like any other religion, but they also have a lot of good points. I don't agree with that one statement tho, because even a girl hit puberty, then it doesn't mean her maturity has been fully developed. I child cannot take care of another child, sure it's possible, but it will never work out proper. In the end they're just childs. A child should have their own time to grow up and once they think they're ready they should coose by themself if they're ready to go in a marriage or not. Not based on their religion or beliefs, but as their own choice.

(04-12-2012, 06:10 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Not sure where you live Cronus, but here in the UK, the legal age to have sex is 16, so yes, if I reported him he would've got done for statutory rape.

It's 15 here in Denmark. Not that I'd use it for anything, it's too youn for me IMO. I'd rather like 18+ when girls are developed proper.
The quality of an opinion is not about the length and the usage of words, but the matter of others sharing the same opinion.
Well, life is not really about having fun. Don't forget that this was useful in the past, to populate a country. My grandparents married at about 14-16. They had about 11 kids in total.

But like I said, It was different times back then. I'm not sure about it being "unhealthy", but I know my grandmother turned fine. She's 89 years old, and still fairly healthy.

FYI, Marriage laws in my country are:

Quote:Algeria: 21 for males and 18 for females, lower with judicial permission if necessity or benefit is established.[1]
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
Yes, even my grandparents were married at early age.

India has same as Algeria.
21 for guys and 18 for girls.